About Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University
In 1945, the Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University was founded. The university is located in Ivano Frankivsk city and it is the non-profit public medical institution.
The Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University is recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO), Medical Council of India (MCI), and the world directory of medical schools. It is the leading and one of the oldest medical universities in Ukraine.
It has a total of 12 hospitals and clinics and there are a total of 48 departments at the Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University.
Nearly, 4000 students from all over the world, like from countries like Australia, Africa, the USA, India, and other parts of Asia, study medicine at Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University.
This university is the perfect destination for students who seek quality MBBS education at a reasonable price.
Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University - Quick Overview
Ministry of Public Health of Ukraine
||Galyskastr 2, 76018 Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine
4th level of accreditation
International Medical Education Directory (IMED)
Rs. 3.66 Lakhs/Year
6 years (including internship)
Ukraine Ranking - 105
World Ranking - 7886
Advantages of Studying in Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University
English as a medium of Teaching
Low cost tuition fees
Less living cost
50% discount travelling cost in public transport for foreign students
High quality education
Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University - Fee Structure
|Fee in USD (approx)
|Fee in Indian Rupees (approx)
|Hostel & Food in Rupees(approx)
$1 = Rs.75.01 (It may vary)
Courses offered at Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University
- Dentistry : The university offers dentistry course to undergraduate students for 5 academic years.After completion of course, the candidate can work as a dentist in various organizations.During the course of study, students can learn theoretical as well as clinical discipline.During the course of study, students can learn theoretical as well as clinical discipline.
- General Medicine : The MBBS course at Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University takes 6 years and leads to MD (Doctor of Medicine) degree or MBBS degree.Faculty of medicine was founded in 1956 for undergraduate students in various fundamental disciplines.The university provides innovative teaching, clinical training and research programs for undergraduate students.
- Pediatrics : The course encompasses 6 academic years and the degree offered after completion of the course is Diploma of Pediatrician.Doctors of Pediatrists can be engaged in treating patients at children's hospitals.The pediatric education starts from 3rd course to 6th course.
- Pharmacy : Faculty of Pharmacy includes 5 academic years.The faculty was originated by the Ministry for Education and Science for Ukraine.After completion of the course, the graduates get the diploma of Pharmacist.The faculty trains the student to work at institutions of Pharmacy and also for research work.
- Post Graduation : The faculty of post-graduation at Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University offers study in 55 medical specialties including internship, mastership, and clinical internship.The duration of the postgraduate course is 2 or 3 years.
Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University - Ranking
As per UniRank (4icu) Bukovinian State Medical University - Ranking
Admission Process - For MBBS Course
The admission procedure at Ivano Frankivsk Medical University is very easy. You would just need to follow these below mentioned few steps:
- Apply Online : Go through the details of the courses which the University offers and choose a course according to your preference. Students can fill the details online and can send the documents via email.
- Following documents are required for enrolling in University : Copies of 10th, 11th, and 12th mark sheets ,Copy of School Leaving Certificate, Copy of passport valid for a minimum 2 years, School leaving certificate
- Invitation Letter : After the documents are evaluated, the student will be notified about the acceptance or rejection of the application. The student will get admission confirmation letter within 2-3 working days if his/her application is accepted.
- Pay Expenses : Then the student should make the payment by bank transfer or by Western Union or by using other payment methods.
- Apply for the Visa : Students will also get admission letter along with the invitation letter. As the visa process may take time, students should apply for the visa as soon as possible.
- Documents required for the visa : Certificates of high school attested properly Invitation letter from the University International passport valid for a minimum of 2 years Medical fitness certificate of the student
- Arrival at Ukraine : It is mandatory for students to inform the University authorities about their flight details with date and arrival time. So that one of the university’s representatives will receive the student at the airport. In case, a student fails to inform the university about their arrival, then they will be deported back to the homeland by the authorities of immigration.
- Commencement of classes : It is mandatory for students to inform the University authorities about their flight details For every student, it is compulsory to bring a complete set of original documents and receipt of payment of fees for the first year. Once the registration process and admission process is complete, then a student will be allowed to attend the classes.Students should make sure that they apply to the university before the application deadline.
Eligibility Criteria: For MBBS Course
Medical Aspirants from India should be 12th passed with a minimum aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology examination for general category students. (40% for reserved category)
Age of the medical aspirant must be in between 17 to 25 years.
Candidate should belong to Indian nationality.
NEET exam is mandatory for each medical student.
Copy of invitation letter
Copy of medical certificate
Copy of 10th & 12th mark sheet
Copy of birth certificate
Copy of birth certificate
Accreditation and Recognition
Medical Council of India
Ministry of Education & Science of Ukraine
Ministry of Health of Ukraine
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine
Hostel and Accommodation Facilities at IFNMU
Admission to the hostel at Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University is based on a first come first serve basis.
The institute has 3 hostel building with a capacity of 2000 students.The hostel has well-furnished with 2 bedded or 3 bedded rooms.Each room has attached toilets & bathrooms.Hostel rooms are equipped with beds, pillows, blankets, mattress, two side tables, cupboards, etc.Hot water supply is available for 24 hours.
In order to encourage young people, the university has a scientific library for undergraduate & postgraduate students.There are a number of readers who have received “Reader of the Year” award from the university.The library has published journals, books for the sake of enhancing students' knowledge.Higher institutions of Ukraine has 64 libraries with a number of books thereby producing knowledge at all levels.
As the rector of Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University, I would like to welcome you for study in a higher educational institution in Ukraine. We have maintained our academic tradition for more than 60 years. We have also established an educational era in the field of learning and research programs.
Our university is listed in European medical and scientific development from Ukraine. Thus, we provide high learning space to medical students to explore their dream career in the medical field.
About Ivano Frankivsk City
Ivano Frankivsk city is an economic and cultural center in the west of Ukraine. The population of Ivano city is around 229,000 with the area of 120 sq.km. Ivano Frankivsk City is fulfilled with long traditions, extraordinary artistic life, and a dynamic economy.
The city is situated in the south-west of Ukraine at a distance of 150-300 km from the borders of Romania, Poland, Slovakia. The city is connected by railways and roadways with the countries of Europe.
The climate of Ivano city is moderately continental. The average temperature in July is plus 18.6 degree Celsius and minus 4.2 degrees in January. Ivano-Frankivsk city has woodworking, machine building, chemical and light industries.
Ivano city has many places which become a tourist attraction nowadays. The places include architectural monuments, Museum, Saint Mary’s Church, Armenian baroque church and many more.