About Kharkiv National Medical University
Kharkiv National Medical University was founded in the year 1805, which is one of the oldest educational establishment in Ukraine. At present, around 600 teachers are working at the department of Kharkiv National Medical University. It is a member of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. More than 10,000 specialists have trained at Kharkiv National Medical University from 85 states of Europe, Asia, Latin America, Middle East Countries.
Kharkiv National Medical University has a well-educated and experienced staff who provides quality education to students with affordable course fees. KNMU has received top accreditation in Ukraine by the State Accreditation Committee of Ukraine. Kharkiv National Medical University has 6 faculties and a preparatory department.
The education process and method of teaching at KMNU accompanied by Medical Council of India (MCI). At KNMU, the candidate will get fulfilled by the well-determined academic curriculum to educate from bachelor to doctor of medicine. The education policy of Kharkiv National Medical University includes quality assurance, university management, international contacts within the scope of the university’s competence.
Structure of KNMU : 66 departments with 821 specialists in science and pedagogy 122 doctors of medical science and professors 459 candidates of medical science and professors 5 Members of the National academy of medical sciences of Ukraine 8 State Prize winners of Ukraine, 13 honored doctors of Ukraine 28 members of the international association 7000 students, interns, clinical postgraduates, doctoral candidates, 18 scientific schools
Kharkiv National Medical University - At a Glance
|Last Date to Apply
||50% in PCB
||Yes, it is compulsory
||Rs. 3.85 Lakh/Year
||6 years including internship
||English & European
||MCI, WHO and Approved
|Ranking of University
||Ukraine Ranking - 114
World Ranking - 8490
Kharkiv National Medical University - Fee Structure
|Fee in USD (approx)
|Fee in Indian Rupees (approx)
|Hostel & Food in Rupees(approx)
$1 = Rs.75.01 (It may vary)
Benefits of Studying MBBS at Kharkiv National Medical University
Subjects are taught in English/Russian Medium
WHO and MCI recognized Medical degree
Guest lectures and seminars are conducted by experts
Bilateral Student exchange program with European universities
Opportunities to work in abroad
Get a top-notch medical education to clear FMGE exam.
Affordable cost of training
Recognition and Accreditation
General Medical Council
Medical Council of India
World Health Organization
Kharkiv National Medical University - Ranking 2020
As per UniRank (4icu) Bukovinian State Medical University - Ranking
Admission Criteria: For MBBS at KNMU
Age of candidates should be in between 16 to 25 years.
The students must be passed physics, chemistry and biology subjects.
As an international student, students need to pay international fees.
MBBS Admission Process at KNMU
Indian students should visit the Ukrainian Embassy of Delhi for issuing a student visa. Students must have an invitation letter of the respective country.
Following documents required for Visa process:
Invitation letter - original and copy
birth certificate - originals, notary translated in Ukrainian
medical insurance - original and copy visa application form filled
application fee - payment slip and copy
International passport – original and notary translated into the Ukrainian language
Original education certificates medical and HIV / AIDS certificates photo 3,5×4 – 20 pictures
flight ticket reservation
Dormitories have well-equipped rooms like a single, double and triple bed.
Ministry of Education & Science of UkraineStudents are provided with services of electricity, cold and hot water, cleaning, heating, security which are absolutely free.
Free wifi and internet facilities
The duty officer is provided to hostel campus for rectifying facilities
International Relations of Kharkiv National Medical University
KNMU has worldwide economic and social relations reflected in the student’s body of a university.
Kharkiv National Medical University has bilateral agreements with associate universities in the world.
University actively participates in international exchange programmes with a large number of foreign Ph.D. students, visiting professors, and researchers.
Kharkiv National Medical University is a member of national and international organizations registered under UNESCO
Welcome to Kharkiv National Medical University! KNMU is an integral part of the scientific and cultural history of a country. Being a member of the international association of universities, KNMU is one of the oldest medical establishment in Ukraine. Since 1951, we had set a benchmark in teaching medical personnel for different countries of the world.
During this period, around 20,000 specialists from 121 countries of Asia, Africa, Latin America, and the middle east. Our university enhances you to become high-level specialists and will provide facilities at a professional level to built your career.
We hope that you will get fruitful and long-lasting life at KNMU.
Faculties offered at KNMU
The admission procedure at Ivano Frankivsk Medical University is very easy. You would just need to follow these below mentioned few steps:
- Medical Faculty : At KNMU, the duration of the medical course is 6 years.The degree awarded as M.D (MBBS/General Medicine).Medical faculty has award-winning professors who strive to built innovation and excellence in the field of medical studies.After signing a contract, the foreigners are split into a group of 7 or 8 students, individual attention will be given to each and every groupClinical subjects are taught in English medium at the beginning of the 3rd year.
- Dentistry Faculty : Dentistry faculty at KNMU provided with a curriculum of 5-years.The students undergo basic subjects in medical, biological profile and clinical discipline.After completion of course, the degree awarded to students is BDS (Dentist).The chairs of Dentistry studies include anatomy, histology, physiology, biochemistry with the high-skilled teachers.The primary task of Dental faculty is to provide high dentistry education by increasing the quality of doctors in dental training.
- The Dentistry syllabus has 11,147 training hours out of them : Social economic Subjects - 600 hoursHumanitarian Subjects -1026 hours Fundamental Subjects - 1854 hours
- Pharmacy Faculty : At KNMU, the duration of Pharmacy course is 5-yearsThe pharmacist is a source of a healthcare provider who provides therapeutic and preventive pharmaceutical care.The first third year of a program comprises a pharmaceutical, biomedical, social administrative and clinical sciences.The 5th year of pharmacy program includes advanced practical training in Pharmaceutical healthcare by a group of experienced professionals.
- Nursing Faculty : Bachelor program in nursing educates registered nurses to work as professionals nurses in the healthcare sector.The course of nursing focuses on a study and practical training of clinical science.The nursing program at KNMU has 3 academic years and follows the Bologna process to prepare future specialists.The curriculum consists of theoretical & practical aspects of nursing encompasses the respective areas of preventive healthcare, health education, health promotion and treatment of patients.
- Postgraduate Studies : KNMU offers postgraduate studies with a duration of 2-3 years. The postgraduate faculty of KNMU has 50 medical specialties including internship, mastership, and clinical internships. Postgraduates at KNMU are taught in English, Ukrainian and Russian language and the medical programs are approved by the Ministry of Health of Ukraine.
About Kharkiv City
Kharkiv city was founded in 1653, situated in the north-eastern part of Ukraine which is the largest city after Kyiv.
Kharkiv is the second-most educational center of Ukraine with higher education and research in Europe.The Kharkiv has 40 higher educational institutions including state and private universities, academics and specialized institutes.
Around 3,00,000 students live in Kharkiv, out of them,12,000 are foreign students.The Kharkiv is also well-known for industrial space comprises the fields of electronics and machinery.Peaceful rivers, easy walking and cycling routes, national parks, beautiful glimpse of parks are the highlights of Kharkiv city.